Sunday 8 June 2014

Skydiving, Sandplay, and Sunday Footy at Jurien Bay.

And the cutest little girl where the skirt I made her, on my
chair, about to fall asleep.
Alright, so to kick-start this blog post, I will tell you of a little conversation Chloe and I had a while ago. It has since been circulated through the whole family, with the end result being the listener cracking up and Chloe hiding her head and being embarrassed.

So, the conversation......

I was sitting on the bed and questioning Chloe on where all her body parts were. She exclaims “I know where my heart is, where my brain is, and where my soul is”. I of course say “Where is your soul Chloe?”.

She goes “On the bottom of your foot of course!”

That really cracked me up, and then I had to explain to Chloe why I was laughing. The way she said “brain, heart and soul”, did not get me thinking of the bottom of my foot sole!!

So I have had a long absence from the blog (hence the funny conversation to start it all off, just to make sure you were keeping track on some of the stuff that had been going on) and now will chronicle our adventures from Geraldton down to Rockingham (where I am writing this).
Pretty nice sunset hey?

So we will start off at Jurien Bay where we had to wait round for 3 days before we could move down to Perth. We were hoping to stay at Sandy Cape camping area, but we arrived smack bang in the middle of a long weekend and it was full. Thus, we had to stay at the overflow camping, which turned out to be the cheapest option.

As we pulled up, we were amazed to watch as skydivers swooshed in above us, landing at the oval which we were camping next to. Joel and I then recalled that over the long weekend they were going to try to break the world record for formation skydiving. It looked like we were in for a weekend of skydivers!!

Nice pink clouds, and the community centre
where the showers and toilets were.
The overflow camping was actually pretty reasonable at $31/n for toilets and showers. It was definitely the cheapest option for the facilities. We pulled up there on the Saturday, so the next day was Sunday.

In regard to the skydivers, we actually did see a formation jump on Saturday, which we all saw. It was pretty cool to watch the skydivers jump out of the plane, like the plane was scattering big pieces of paper. They then formed up into a five-point star (well, I'm pretty sure about that shape) and free fell before breaking up. They then came swooshing in over the caravan to land on the oval. They come in mighty fast!!

In the night they also skydived. With the big floodlight on the oval, they came swooping in (only 4 insane enough to go) at an amazing rate. It was fun to watch them come down, as you could only tell where they were by the blinking lights they held.

Swinging in to land on the oval
We also got front row seats to the footy (technically AFL), and altogether watched 2 and 3-quarter games. We had to leave in the last quarter of the last game to go to church, which was at 4pm. Of course, it wasn't on and we missed church for that Sunday.

Trust me, it's happened quite a few times!!

But the little girls had made some friends still, and they were having fun in the long jump pit playing in the sand. They also had a kick around with the footy, before the big kids came over and then an all-out match developed.

The sides were Joel versus everyone else (Namely Chloe, her two friends, and I). The score started pretty even, but soon Joel started to pull ahead slowly and surely.

Did I mention, I can't kick a ball to save my life? No, probably not. At least one of Chloe's friends was an AFL player and could kick pretty well. I can't handball either, just throw it. I don't know how much use I was apart from yelling some encouragement................

After managing to get some sleep finally, I woke up at exactly 5:05 am, to find the music from up at the community centre still playing. It had played all night!!

Landing Time
Anyway, we packed up that day and headed down the coast toward Perth.

P.S Don't you just looove my alliterations?? Come back tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day, for more. Just covering myself in case I'm busy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment